• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator to Onyx to Summa

djdg

Hello, I've only ever used my Epson S40600 & Summa cutter for print cut and use a .5 outline for CutContour. Can someone tell me how I setup my file just for cut and how to import it? I use Onyx - Cut Server. Thank you in advance.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Why not just also get winplot? (Free on the summa website). You can then just go from illy to winplot and don’t need to mess with any settings in onyx

I was using onyx but the cut server was a bit of a PITA and I needed to change the settings on the summa in the cut server to cut to usb instead of cut to file and send that file to the cutter control folder.

If you really wanted to use onyx;

open onyx, go to cut server. In the cut server configure your cutter to cut to USB (or IP address, whatever you have) and turn off the automatically cutting new files.

I believe onyx takes SVG files and don’t think you need to save things as CutContour so you just file - open your SVG file** and make sure it all looks good. If you’re happy with it (right number of copies etc) then just hit “cut now” down the bottom of the cut server.

**note; sometimes onyx opens SVG files a bit funky and lines are all over the place/artwork is wrong. Just open then resave the SVG and it should work.

djdg

This
Why not just also get winplot? (Free on the summa website). You can then just go from illy to winplot and don’t need to mess with any settings in onyx

I was using onyx but the cut server was a bit of a PITA and I needed to change the settings on the summa in the cut server to cut to usb instead of cut to file and send that file to the cutter control folder.

If you really wanted to use onyx;

open onyx, go to cut server. In the cut server configure your cutter to cut to USB (or IP address, whatever you have) and turn off the automatically cutting new files.

I believe onyx takes SVG files and don’t think you need to save things as CutContour so you just file - open your SVG file** and make sure it all looks good. If you’re happy with it (right number of copies etc) then just hit “cut now” down the bottom of the cut server.

**note; sometimes onyx opens SVG files a bit funky and lines are all over the place/artwork is wrong. Just open then resave the SVG and it should work.

Thanks so much for this. I have winplot now and I was able to save and cut the svg file. Thanks again!!!