• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator to versaworks issue

jkirch

hello,

Im pretty new to all of this so you'll have to bear with me...
I just recently designed something for a friend that has text that says his and his wifes name and a photo of him and her next to it for the side of his boat.

I dont know what im doing wrong but when i bring my PSD into illustrator, it does recognize the font, but i have to draw my own cut line around his face, all good at this point...

Then after putting my CutContour on everything and bringing it into versworks i get dancing ants on only his name nothing else!

Im so frustrated! Been trying everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remember to please speak in english. haha. thanks!

osmasterflex

Are all the counter cut lines on the same layer?

Is the image of them, and the contour lines on two differnt layers.

Mason

Is your CutContour created entirely in Illustrator? if not it should be, which means by your explanation that you will have to manually draw it around the faces, unless you know how to make a selection of the pics perimeter and make that a path in PS and then export/paths to illustrator, apply CutContour and then proceed to VersaWorks

petepaz

did you draw the line in photoshop or illustr.
may soulnd silly but from your description it sounded like you did the art in photoshop
so just making sure
also try flattening the pic

osmasterflex

He states, he drew the contour on his face when he brings it into illustrator, and only HIS NAME shows.

Just import the picture into illustrator, and type all the text in illustrator as well.

select the text, put the contour cut on them, then draw around the picture. Keep all the contour cuts on one layer.

jkirch

yea, what does that mean exactly, the transparency filter? It gives me a message about that before saving.
I think its my problem. What should i be saving my designs in photoshop as before bringing them in illustator? psd?

jkirch

I actually figured this one out on my own, im still not sure what i did wrong though. I just kept doing it different ways until it worked, aha. but i would like to figure out a way to cut things easier, its making things stressful