• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm a Caldera user, should I go with onyx with the new equipment?

bigben

I'm upgrading all my machines. I currently use Caldera but the dealer I trust more for my next printer sell only Onyx. For aftersale purpose, should I switch to Onyx? I'm used to Caldera, really like it and would prefer stay with it. My concern is if I have a problem, maybe my dealer won't be able to help me.

What would you do?

ProColorGraphics

I have been on Caldera for years. I tried the demo of Onyx while I was waiting for Caldera to finish their driver for my new Flatbed. I did not like it at all!

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I like Onyx better and switched my current shop over to it from Caldera. Caldera has always hanging up and crashing any place I have used it, both on Mac and Linux - Onyx stalls out sometimes forcing a restart but not near as often as Caldera. A lot of peop[le have a hard time learning where all of thee feature are with Onyx.

FrankW

I am a software supporter and salesman of a company who sells and supports Onyx, Caldera, Flexi, Digital Factory, Printfactory, Ergosoft, Colorgate, Fiery, and supports Rasterlink and Versaworks … all of that softwares have their pros and cons, and if you dont have issues with the software you currently use, or want to use features your current software wont offer, it would be a good suggestion to stay with the software you are familiar with.

I have my favourites too from my point of view, and there are products I‘m more familiar with than others, but I cant give a statement which software is the best. Of course, some distributors or sales representants of software manufacturers have tried hard to let us set their software as our primary offer to customers,but we wont do that.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber
I'm upgrading all my machines. I currently use Caldera but the dealer I trust more for my next printer sell only Onyx. For aftersale purpose, should I switch to Onyx? I'm used to Caldera, really like it and would prefer stay with it. My concern is if I have a problem, maybe my dealer won't be able to help me.

What would you do?
Why? A) you already know Caldera B)Caldera is better than Onyx (in our not so humble opinion).