• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm an Epson printer field technician. AMA

a77

Any idea what could be causing this?

View attachment 118207

s30670

Are those streaks in the direction of travel of the vinyl?
That happens to me, when the media is buckling slightly in between the pinch rollers. Fought with this, just this weekend on some perf that printed fine a couple weeks ago... Lowering heat in the platen area might help. Looking forward to other replies.

subarutex

Correct. The streaks are in the direction the vinyl is traveling.

Lowering heat sometimes helps, but it is hit or miss. I can print the same job 3 times in a row. Have the 1st one be fine, the 2nd one with streaks, and the 3rd one be perfect again.

I have also investigated if it is caused by static.

One of those random errors that just drives you crazy.

a77

If you look through the viewing window you can sometimes see the vinyl puckering up where those streaks are. I believe re-aligning both your takeup reel and feed reels using will help with that. If the vinyl is trying to go left or right due to misalignment, it wants to bunch up a bit, and you see these ridges appear usually between pinch roller sets.

betaplux

Thanks for doing this.

We recently bought a Artis 3060u using a Epson L801 piezo electric printhead. Weve had bugs over bugs since day1 but were now having a new bug (printer is 1month old..).

Basically its a UV flatbed, when we start a printing run, it stops with like 1cm to print left (we print on silicon phone cases). It does a weird sound and then stops working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4rybPI6_m4

at 0:26
New test - YouTube

We can sometimes run 1-2 successfull print before it starts bugging, but the bug always come back. Sometimes it wont let us print anything and will just bug over bug.

Thanks for your time!

31legen

Just got an epson s80600. Do you mind shooting me a pm with contact info. In case I need it down the road. Thanks

boxerbay

Hi - Welcome - and it is great you are supporting our Epsons.

We have an Epson GS6000 and it runs runs runs. 7yrs old and going strong.
We've replaced 2 heads on separate occasions. no other problems.

We run full rolls overnight unattended. no problem.

I occasionally get a service error 1136 when the carriage doesn't fully return to capping station. Any ideas as to why?
If I manually push it into the lock on the capping station - reboot - it works fine. annoying and only does it on occasion.

I am ordering a complete cap station assembly to swap it out just in case maybe the capping station is not allowing it to fully move to the right to lock.
Home page

Any insight is appreciated.

ReiberGraphix

Hello

thanks for offering your expertise.

My s30670 goes for about an hour and drops out Y1 and sometimes, rarely BK2. clean it and it comes back but drops out again very shortly. let it sit for a couple hours, it runs just fine for a while and starts the cycle again. thoughts?

a77

Hello

thanks for offering your expertise.

My s30670 goes for about an hour and drops out Y1 and sometimes, rarely BK2. clean it and it comes back but drops out again very shortly. let it sit for a couple hours, it runs just fine for a while and starts the cycle again. thoughts?

I think I might have some bad news for you... I don't think that will go away.
Known issue with first gen surecolors.. and my S30 for sure.
No rhyme or reason that I can figure out. Neither could the local techs. Went through 5-8 heads (not sure..), was all no cost to me except for downtime and reprints, as we had extended warranty.
Now word is that the new head on the S40/60/80 has this solved, along with some other issues.

Call me a glutton for punishment but we are bringing in a S40 to replace our S30.

MichaelC

Hello,
I have 2 GS6000s...mostly trouble free except for the Black ink channel. In the past 120 days we have had to replace the black ink head not once not twice but now 3 times!(one printer). Repair tech (not D-1) has installed last chance filters..flushed lines...subtank and all that happy stuff. He insists that the ink is the issue(OEM) full of particles - different cartridges / dates and so on. Epson wont fess up to the problem (Sir you are out of warranty-we no longer sell that printer)-blah blah blah. Yet, they still sell CRAP black inks that's for sure causing clogged nozzles and unusable heads.! Had a D-One tech tell me the same thing (epson has a problem with the ink but wont cop up to it). So, the question is this.... replace the head while still under part warranty (pay labor) or take a sledge hammer to it and post it to YouTube?

datoshway

When you say you have replaced the black ink head do you mean the blank damper inside the head? There are two heads and 4 dampers in each head.

astro8

Hello,
I have 2 GS6000s...mostly trouble free except for the Black ink channel. In the past 120 days we have had to replace the black ink head not once not twice but now 3 times!(one printer). Repair tech (not D-1) has installed last chance filters..flushed lines...subtank and all that happy stuff. He insists that the ink is the issue(OEM) full of particles - different cartridges / dates and so on. Epson wont fess up to the problem (Sir you are out of warranty-we no longer sell that printer)-blah blah blah. Yet, they still sell CRAP black inks that's for sure causing clogged nozzles and unusable heads.! Had a D-One tech tell me the same thing (epson has a problem with the ink but wont cop up to it). So, the question is this.... replace the head while still under part warranty (pay labor) or take a sledge hammer to it and post it to YouTube?

2 x GS6000's here also. Replace at least your black and yellow with STS inks...no problems. No flushing needed.

platino'signs

epson gs6000 printer question

I was a former Dell Field Tech but now Iam repairing some of the coolest printers in the world. Ask me anything.

Since I work on Epson printers almost everyday, Ill see if I cant help out with any questions that pop up in the Epson sub forum if it relates to repairing or servicing them.

2 days ago I bought an epson printer for cheap.. company were I bought it from said that the technician said that the printer needed a new print head and print head data cables. After working 3 hours on the printer, I dont know how but I made it print. Like 9 out of 10. I printed like 5 perfect test prints. but after I assembled the machine something happened Now that it is assembled it will not print at all. nothing at all. everything works, print head moves like its printing but does not spit out colors. What do you think went wrong? The machine is like new, company took really good care of it.. Wish to fix because I really liked it... thanks

datoshway

Today I replaced the Dampers on my GS6000 and it will no longer power up after doing this exchange. Do you think the head cables could have been damaged? Would that cause it to not power up?

Teresa

We have a GS6000 and have been seeing a definite yellow shift across all prints and substrates. We've tried different profiles, installed new cartridges, cleaned the head and nozzles, even purged the inks. Any idea what we might try next?

d fleming

In the middle of tearing down and throwing away a stylus 9500 and 10600 because epson says no longer serviceable. All for a few parts.

ejaximus

I occasionally get a service error 1136 when the carriage doesn't fully return to capping station. Any ideas as to why?
If I manually push it into the lock on the capping station - reboot - it works fine. annoying and only does it on occasion.

We had this same problem on our machine and the solution was to clean the encoder strip on top because the carriage was reading it's end position incorrectly and just sitting outside the capping station. After that we haven't had any issue but I still manually push the carriage into place at the end of the day out of the stupid habit I formed with your same issue.

MichaelC

When you say you have replaced the black ink head do you mean the blank damper inside the head? There are two heads and 4 dampers in each head.

Sorry for the delay.

Tech replaced dampers and the head that contains the black channel...while I was at west coast art and framing an Epson tech told me there as been issues but nothing they'l admit to.

thanks

Maxime

I was a former Dell Field Tech but now Iam repairing some of the coolest printers in the world. Ask me anything.

Since I work on Epson printers almost everyday, Ill see if I cant help out with any questions that pop up in the Epson sub forum if it relates to repairing or servicing them.

Hi there;

I am about to enter a left head replacement on my GS6000 by Epson, you seem knowledgeable, thought I ask for any advice you might have.

Worried about messing it up, costly and it might end my printing affairs. I tried to wash/flush the head and this went bad when I noticed the data cable peeling off on the side ;-/ Not sure if the thing was saveable anyway but still.
Black nozzles weren't getting back into firing mode, tried everything. Anyhow; that's in the past.

I'm mostly worried the head won't fire up 100% or I won't be able getting the nozzels in line with all the adjustments needed after. Or doing something stupid during.

Call a guy you think? There's one service here in The Netherlands, pretty crap, charge 100E and hour and might not even complete it.

Let me know if you're willing to assist a bit.

Also; should I flush ink lines on black to be sure of a clean start? I now have a mix of Epson genuine and a white label ink in there. The clogging started with the Epson inks btw.

Cheers!
Max

Looking for hlep with Maintence request 0400 SC50670 I replaced encoder scale but still getting issues