• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help I'm looking for someone to cut some vinyl.

pixeltim

The friend I had that cut my vinyl passed away from lung cancer.
I don't do much vinyl, but I did just get an rfq for a customer that simply wants black vinyl lettering on his truck. Total is probably 48" x 120" if I can shoehorn it all in there.
I'm looking for someone that can cut that for me. I can install. Need a rough estimate for now.

Thx in advance

Btw, I'm a full service commercial printer that also does wide format inkjet signage, we never got into vinyl because I already had a source.

Last edited:

2B

sorry to hear about your friend passing and prayers to the family.

unsure what the situation is but maybe someone with the family will continue the service or will sell you the equipment.

plotters are CHEAP and if you already do wide format you are familiar with the grades and how to use vinyl.
What do you use for contour cutting your wide format material?

pixeltim

Thx.
I'm currently running an HP 25500, with the work we do, we really haven't had much call for contour cutting, but if there was an affordable option, we'd certainly consider that.

ikarasu

If you have the space, I'd buy a cutter. IT's one of the cheapest machines you can get. If your not cutting stuff like DG, or need contour cutting, you can get a cheap one.

$400 for a uscutter 50" one. But then you have to stock the vinyl and everything... but it might be cheaper on the long run. And you can see it as an opportunity to expand your business.