• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm looking to get into the UV Printing and Substrate cutting???

nitro2010

Randy
I am looking to get into the UV Printing & Substrate Cutting, but I don't know where to start. I have been printing with eco solvent inks for quite a while now, but I am having a ton of customers wanting coro signs, big heads, social media frames, and so on. I just want to know what is good and reliable out there. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Randy

TimToad

A lower end, run of the mill UV flatbed printer with a 4'x8' bed is going to start in the high $50k range without many bells and whistles, delivery, set up, RIP software, service contract, etc.

How much room do you have in your shop? Flatbed UV printers and contour cutters have a large footprint.

nitro2010

Randy
I am looking to build a new building to accommodate for everything. I know they take a huge amount of space, so I am just trying to get some info.

Robert Gruner

Randy,

I would suggest you consider an HP550, 64" wide UV printer and a Summa F1612 flatbed cutter. You could probably source both printer and cutter for around $100K. If you are in Indiana, then contact Athens Paper or Graphic Solutions Group for quote.

nitro2010

Randy
Randy,

I would suggest you consider an HP550, 64" wide UV printer and a Summa F1612 flatbed cutter. You could probably source both printer and cutter for around $100K. If you are in Indiana, then contact Athens Paper or Graphic Solutions Group for quote.
Thanks for that, I will look into it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do you know you production load now and your near future production load?

We have a hp fb750 and a iEcho we are selling since we out grew it very fast. We made the mistake of jumping in with out looking at all elements.