• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image issue with effects in eps file

gresults

I have the Roland Versacamm 540V with Versaworks.. I do most my jobs in Corel X3, When I apply effects to drop shadows by turning the portion of the file I want the effect to apply to bitmap and then apply gausian blur everything looks fine on the screen and normally don't have any issues if I'm printing a tiff file but if I save it as a EPS file when it prints there is a glow around the effect that in most cases effects the output. I have tryed saving differenrt forms of file but if I need a cut line it needs to be a eps file. I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and if so have they found a work around.

This is a problem with most RIPs, where advanced effects, such as shadows and lens effects, when these are overlaying other objects, the RIP is not able to interpret the data, thus the issues that you are seeing. This happens with almost all RIPs.

There are many possible answers to this (rendering intent settings etc), but my preferred one is the one that consistently works (as folows):

Rasterize the EPS file into Photoshop (or PhotoPaint), save as a TIF. This flattens these effects into pixels.

Bring the TIF back into CorelDRAW, and assign the cut path as a vector object. Finally, save as EPS to be brought into VersaWorks. Simple, right?

Bob

gresults

Thanks fo the input, That was my next direction, I'm also learning PS a little better so I can go from PS to Corel for the cut file portion.