• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

images in large format prints

divers2deep

Hey all!

I have a couple of questions for some of you designers on this forum. I am a NEWBIE, to make that clear, and I am not trying to take someone jobs as i do this for myself. I am working on a design for a box truck 8'x10', this will be my first printing with non vector base design. I have a backdrop image i want to use, my problem is I am having issues with pixelated print outs. Here are the specs of the image i am attempting to stretch -

6220*3920
300 dpi
24 bit depth
10.9mb file

My question is if the DPI is dropped on the image, will that increase the size of my image. I have been told that printing wraps @ 72 to 150 is sufficient? whats your take on this.

Is my image to small for this type of applications ?

What are basic standards i should look for when using real images to create large design/prints.

If anyone has found any tutorials or has any pointers i would greatly appreciate it.

I use photoshop and Illustrator.

Thanks,

Kevin

divers2deep

Thank you very much for the replies, any thought or ideas as to the type of tutorial im searching for online to reduce to DPI therefore enlarging the print size of the image ?