• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Impact librairy outlines problems

petit

Hy evryone,
I've recently bought the IMPACT VEHICULE OUITLINES VECTOR LIBRAIRY and we are facing size problems from the begenning. It seems that every outlines files using the EPS in illustrator do not match the real ones on cars. There are always too small than the real ones. As anyone already face this problem? Here is an example with GOLF rear windows.

Attachments

• DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 216
  • DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 178

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I'm not familiar with those templates, but I'm wondering if it's possible that you're using US templates and not European? That size not only seems off on scale, but shape.

woolly

on the disk are 1/20th scale and full size depending what your software will except. they were never sold as 100% accurate but for visual purposes only the real problems are the curved surfaces of the vehicle and 2d drawings. we use them but never trust the panel sizes for production measure the vehicle before cutting, double check the side window as you may have the wrong age golf 3 or 5 door.

petit

I'm using illustrator and 1/20 th scale would be way too big as you see on pictures there is missing vinyl only on left and right side but not so much in the sense of height. . woolly if only for visual purpose then i don't see the point of this library. Anyone have a viable solution for having corret measures?

woolly

woolly if only for visual purpose then i don't see the point of this library. Anyone have a viable solution for having corret measures?
out of all the disks i have seen this is the most usable set i have found you know what they say measure twice cut once. when something is critical we make our own templates, window tint boys may have something closer.

shoresigns

We always design with the assumption that the template will be off by 1, 2, 3 inches in some parts. You can't expect better than that when you're using a 2D template of a 3D vehicle.

For example, for side windows we'll use the shape from the template plus a 2 inch bleed, and for rear windows we'll extend the bleed even further to make sure we get all the way to the corners of the window.