• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Imported File Has Different Color For Cut Contour; Won't Cut.

Splattgraphics

A colleague sent me a pdf of some art they printed and cut for me before I got a printer. Now I'd like to produce some pieces from that file which the sent to me, but they use a different color for cutcontour than I do, and I can't figger out how to change the stroke to my cutcontour color so my machine gets the idea. It's not just a select and click my color situation.... maybe I resave it as an eps and go at it again? Could it be that easy?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you not have a vector design software? It should be as easy as selecting the contour line and setting your color. Are you just having a hard time isolating the contour line?

Correct Color

Can you change your cutcontour color in your RIP to what theirs is?

That'd most likely be the easiest way if you can, then just change it back when you're done.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Generally cut contour lines don't care about the colour... more the spot colour name.
Depending on the job we use either full cyan or full magenta so we can see what we're doing.
Both jobs cut the same though as the spot is always called CutContour.

equippaint

Make sure the cut contour is named properly as a spot color as was mentioned. Color doesnt make a difference. Make sure the cut line is a hairline (not sure the proper term for programs outside of corel sorry) and that it hasnt been converted to an outline. If it has just do a boundry and delete the original curve. If you dont and its an object it may cut it twice.