• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing color Swatches, HOW?

2B

We have 2 design machines, one running Corel X5 and one running Illustrator CS5, did some (several dozen) custom colors up on X5 and now need them over to the CS5. in X5 it is only showing XML as an exportable file format and CS5 will not import that format for color swatches. How do I get the custom colors from X5 into CS5? I am not not the illy guru and getting frustrated with the process any advice is appreciated. Have tried exporting custom colors from X5; TOOLS > MY PALLETS > SAVE onto a flash drive Import Window > Swatch Libraries > Other Library or choose Open Swatch Library > Other Library as soon as you click on the XML file with the color illy gives an error saying wrong format

Last edited:

Sideshow

I do not believe its possible. If I remember correctly the files ( swatch files ) themselves are read differently in each program, and cant directly be imported.

You have to recreate I believe.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
export the file with the custom colors out of draw to an eps or pdf and open that in Illy.
From there extract the pallet from the open doc and save it.
(I think)

wayne k
guam usa

2B

export the file with the custom colors out of draw to an eps or pdf and open that in Illy.
From there extract the pallet from the open doc and save it.
(I think)

wayne k
guam usa

+1 Thanks will give it a try

WildWestDesigns

I do not believe its possible. If I remember correctly the files ( swatch files ) themselves are read differently in each program, and cant directly be imported.

You have to recreate I believe.

I never could get the color swatch that I would need for my sublimation inks to show up right for Ai. In Corel they just popped up real easy and no problem.

What I have been doing is designing in Ai(I still haven't figured out how to do anything in Corel, just doesn't make sense to me), sending it to Corel to convert the colors to where I need them to be and then take it to print.