• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing images w Flexi

Davesign21

I'm probably missing something easy but. Always trying to import images, png and vectors from my email or internet. I save an image and try to import it and it say” file not supported” or something similar to that. I was thinking I can drag an image onto my Flexi screen. I have the latest version of Flexi, btw. Thanks in advance!

IsItFasst

Years ago Flexi didn't support PNGs but normally they work fine for me these days (Flexi 19). Even transparencies normally work which can be a real time saver sometimes. But occasionally I have a hard time importing any files...even something like a PDF. Normally a restart of the software fixes it. Dragging an image into Flexi sometimes works as well but you will get mixed results so I prefer to just save the file and then import.

Rusty B

I had this issue several years ago. I could open the png via flexi but not import via flexi. Now I always use photoshop or illustrator to convert it then it works just fine.

Davesign21

I’ve never used illustrator or photoshop. Is there a free version? Idk what the learning curve is. Or should I just search for vectors. I will restart the program and see if things improve.

Rusty B

Inkscape is like a free alternative to illustrator and Gimp is a free alternative to photoshop. Great videos on YouTube on how to use both of those.

2ny

PNG is not supported. Revise the image in Photoshop or Corel and import into Flexi
Is this something new in Flexi? We use Flexi 12, and I can drag and drop PNG files in my Flexi window without any issues.

Best regards
Tony

DPD

Is this something new in Flexi? We use Flexi 12, and I can drag and drop PNG files in my Flexi window without any issues.

Best regards
Tony
I was hearkening back to my old version of Flexi but you are correct that in more up to date versions the PNG is supported. I'm on 19 and can drag/drop or use File/Open.