• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

importing jobs

geb

Not sure why, but I am not able to import objects. Done this several times before, but its not allowing to import a job(cdl) from signlab into signlab.

I'm working on a job, want to import a file from previously saved job in cdl format, and acts like I am using the open format under file instead of import. Says something about file reading error. Gives me an option to save job, but I want to add the file to the job on screen not go to other job by itself.

I shut off, rebooted, no luck. Not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

George

Driving Force

Is it just one file you are having problems with? if it is it may be corrupted. can you open it up normally? If you can, you could copy the parts you need then open up the other file and paste them in. If your file was corrupted you can go to the backup file(you do have one dont you?). If you need help with this let me know.

Darren

geb

Thanks Darren. It's happening with all the files. Every file I attempt to import closes the current file on screen, or I get a box with a (*v*) Error reading file and its name. These are all cdl files I'm trying to import. I tried Corel and am having no problems importing jobs.

George

geb

Thanks Bill Preston. After your suggestion, I looked at my merge button. It was unchecked, so I checked it and everything works great. Merge allows you to have one job on screen, and import another job onto the same screen.

Thanks for the help Bill :thumb:

George