• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing vector images

undertaker

Hi everybody and seasons greetings from Ireland
I wonder if I could ask a question about signlab 10.
I sometimes download images that I need to cut as sandblast images on headstones we are manufacturing.
Many of these are free images from public clipart,eg an angel design.
I download the image and transfer it into sign lab, however when I try to open the image it shuts down signlab, this only happens sometimes and I would love to know what causes this and is there something I can do to avoid it happening

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Are they, in fact, "images" as in raster bitmaps, jpg's , png's or vector clipart?
If vector what type? eps, svg, or other

undertaker

I have one at minute that im trying to use.
It say the file type is PNG, does this mean anything to anybody, as soon as I try to open it it the signlab shuts down

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You still have to vectorize a .png, and that's usually hit or miss. And then you still have to edit from there.

Try this instead. You can buy elements individually or as a set. The best part is that the artwork is specifically designed for monument sandblasting so you don't have to edit v-lines, stray nodes or otherwise dirty artwork.

I can usually get a file within a few minutes after ordering.

They're worth every penny: https://designmart.com/

JB

Last edited:

Andy D

I'm not familiar with Signlab, but most programs have quirks that you have to figure out work arounds. Many programs do better when you save the image and then import, rather than copy paste.
If there is a particular file type that crashes your signlab, you can open it in a different program and export/save it as a
different file type.