• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In a Tizzy! ... need a recommendation.

Legion455

Hi all;

For the past 5-6 years, I've been using a Roland PC-12, to print, contour-cut and sell small 'vinyl' manufacturing labels to people restoring Arcade Machines. The income from this is small, ... anywhere from $50-$200 a week approx.

The Roland has always been Kantankerous at best, with banding, breaking ribbons, ..etc . etc .... but for my small labels, it did the job.

so yesterday,. ... my PC-12 ... started showing horizontal (non-printed) lines in the output. :frustrated: which probably means that the print head has gone 'South'. Anyway, I called Roland, and the service center charges $567 plus $125 /hour (x2) to fix it,... which amounts to just about $800.
Plus, I also have to pay shipping on top of that.

Anyway, I'm not knowledgeable about what options I might have, on either upgrading to a different Print/Cut Vinyl machine, or what vendors to visit that might have refurbished/used machines for sale. Or, ... even someone else who can repair the printer for less,... etc.etc ...

I also have a need to print on 30" vinyl (no cutting), so it would seem that a used VersaCamm 30 would be great, ... but I haven't been able to find anything like the versacamm yet, that's in my price range, .. under 5K.

Thanks, way in advance, for any help/recommendations/advice.
Allen