• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

in the market for an 84" solvent printer.

artbot

i've been searching for a rock hopper or lt. but just falcons so far. i've seen a few stripped down. they are decently compact little machines for how massive the hull us. i bought this today in order to do the mod more easily. i'll be able to spin it around and work under the gantry standing up!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 59

jhanson

The Rockhopper IIK+ has the same ink color for both ink channels on each head.

The only issue with that, as far as I know, is that the RHIIK+ (aka Falcon II Outdoor) firmware only allows CMYKx2 and removes the option for dual inksets. It was meant to be run with only eco solvent, after all.

henryp

The only issue with that, as far as I know, is that the RHIIK+ (aka Falcon II Outdoor) firmware only allows CMYKx2 and removes the option for dual inksets. It was meant to be run with only eco solvent, after all.

Not sure what is the US equivalent but the Rockhopper IIK+'s in Australia have 6 heads, 6 colours B,C,M,Y plus Lc & Lm or orange & green, each ink line supplied individually by 12 ink cartridges.

jhanson

In that case that was sold as the Toucan LT here in the US. I don't know if a six color printer is what Artbot is looking for...