• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Indoor perf?

MHester

I have no experience with window perf, so I'm hoping y'all can help out. My boss wants me to make decals to put on the inside of the back windows of our vans. I imagine he's talking about window perf so you can still see through the windows if you're in the van. But my research only shows the window perf material is for the outside of the windows. Is there no see-through window material that can be applied on the inside and the image shows right read on the outside?

Last edited:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Also, glare from the glass will override any graphics in most cases.

KMC

Graphic Artist
reverse printed graphics for windows,
> mirror your image print on clear
> laminate with white vinyl (or vinyl that has been printed for a graphic option on both sides) that has clear glue (not grey backed)
= your image will be on the stick side when installed

NOW with perf as the glue side is black this wont work as you wont have any white content to back up your image

BUT......
if you have a printed with a white ink option you can do a reverse perf type look
> mirror your image print on clear (make sure in the design process you place a crap ton of little dots (perf holes) to that will not be printed to make it look like perf)
print over top with white ink ONLY where your original graphics are make sure you miss all the little dots 'perf holes'
>laminate if required with clear laminate as you have already printed the white content

as already stated above if the window is tinted this will not work

ams

They make reverse window perf but it's garbage, I've tried it a couple of times and it failed. Why doesn't he want it on the outside?