• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Industrial carpet floor mats

Mark H

Good morning,

I have a client that wants me to print on industrial floor mats. I have a UV flatbed so the ink is going to be on the surface of the carpet fibers. I don't think he will get much wear out of them, he says it is in a low traffic lobby. Anybody every try this?

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Good morning,

I have a client that wants me to print on industrial floor mats. I have a UV flatbed so the ink is going to be on the surface of the carpet fibers. I don't think he will get much wear out of them, he says it is in a low traffic lobby. Anybody every try this?
We’ve printed several on our flatbed for our office lobby. The graphic holds up for about 6 months. They have been used inside our front door so foot traffic is moderate and they get 5 hours of sun. We haven’t found a good edge finishing system, and our edges fail around the same time.

2B

If you are wanting a "long term" floor mat, you need to look into Dye-Sub.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Direct will wear with foot graphic. Incorporating something like G floor would not be a bad idea. 2nd surface print backed with white.

fozzie

we have printed on ultraflexx carpet with our hp950 uv printer. never really found a market for it locally. had the rugs carpet bound by a local carpet guy.
like others said, found they had about 6 month life in moderate traffic areas...
biggest issue is the carpet fibers going everywhere and the cleaning of nozzles and printer...the fibers go everywhere and not worth the hassle imo.

have you looked at ultraflexx floor flex? its about an 1/8" thick floor mat that we have found is easy to print on and on a uv printer the inks are really, really
durable. had one in a gym that after a year still looked great.