• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inexpensive consumable parts for xc-540

Salmoneye

OK, there is a huge disparity between the prices of OEM and aftermarket parts like dampers, cap tops, wipers etc... On some things this might well be for good reason but sometimes it's just huge markups. My question, is anyone having great luck with these items off of ebay or from another aftermarket vendor and if so whom? I would like to replace these items more often and not be thinking about price.

player

My Roland tech (who I really trust...seriously) told me that there are really fine, high quality screens in the OEM dampers that stop debris from getting into the head, where the junk will cause real problems. He said the cheap ones just don't have the fine screen, and some are so large they won't stop anything. The heads are $800-$1200 each so for me saving a few hundred on cheap dampers every 3-5 years and risk thousands of dollars worth of heads is not worth it. Another thing he said is if you don't replace the damper when you replace the head the Roland head warranty is void.

jwindsor

Excellent Question

I too would like an answer to that question. I own a 54" Roland and a 54" Mimaki and only use OEM parts. I figure that the amount I would save using "comparable" parts would be offset by the first time I had to replace a printhead or other major part. I just don't know enough about the aftermarket suppliers to make an informed decision so I feel better spending a little more money and using only OEM.

Joe Windsor
Greer, SC
(coming up on my 2nd anniversary of my double lung transplant!!!):smile::smile:

Salmoneye

Roland isn't tooling up and manufacturing these specifically so I would imagine that some of the aftermarkets might well be the same part.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
At Solventinkjet.com we stock a mix of OEM and after market parts. The main reason is that some after market parts are not up to par with the OEM. We test all of our parts and do not sell them if they do not perform. We don't just sell parts but our techs also use the parts on machines in the field which gives us a great advantage over the guy working out of his garage trying to make some extra income. Our techs have also been trained by the manufacturers and work full time. If you haven't given us a try yet, we would be glad to have you call: 303-733-6671 and we can answer any questions you might have.