• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inexpensive vinyl... that may work.

Team Valhalla

I know that may sound like an oxymoron, but here's what I'm thinking of doing.

Often we'll ship out items such as a helmet that has its own box, but we put it in a master carton to ship it. We do this because the box the helmet or other item comes in isn't designed for shipping or we don't want the carrier to know what's inside. We have a number of different size boxes that we buy off the shelf since with most of them, we don't use enough to justify having them run for us and printed.

What I'm thinking of doing is printing a graphic label that has our name and logo that we can simply apply to the box. The master carton is nice and clean, but plain. It needs to have some visual appeal and company identity added to it.

It really only needs to adhere well for the 1 - 4 days that it may take to get to the customer.

I'm just thinkin'.

SP

AUTO-FX

Heck, there's lots of cheap vinyl to print on, but do you think you need a high tack film?
Optima makes one called extreme grip. 30"x150" is 200$ .
You can buy label paper for your desktop printer in 8.5x11 sheets. You could run a few off and contour cut them just like vinyl. I would think.

Custom_Grafx

I have a huge bunch of offcut vinyl from a printjob a few months back. I ended up with about a thousand pieces of A3'ish sized vinyl. With some of them, I printed some mailing labels with our logo/return address on, and now the rest is a bit curled up, and I can't be bothered playing around with it on my printer anymore so I am using as packing tape on the ends of cardboard tubes as stoppers.

Always feels good to make use of either rubbish, or crap vinyl.

What you're suggesting will also save a box. Good stuff. :)

And you never know... they might ask you who made those fancy box wrap around labels for you... ;)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I carry a great 5 mil gloss permanent for only $0.12 a sq.ft that would work for that application.

Fanaticus

we used to use avery a4 for putting our name on some of our boxes before we had them printed on at the box factory. Worked very well and stayed on them very well too.

MikePro

why bother with vinyl? why not just find some decent (and REALLY inexpensive) printing paper and packaging tape it together?