• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Ink all around cap tops, this normal?

Jharris81

Well as the title says…here is a pic. I do regular cleaning and maintain. I don’t not print a lot on this machine.

543b9de2ef002c97dc9cd4bba424ddac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
That looks like a little over spray.
Just keep cleaning them once a week so it does not build up and destroys
Your cap tops.

ToTo

Professional Support
It’s an older Roland The cap tops are looking very used. The filter inside looks partially very swollen. I would suggest to replace them.

Jharris81

I actually had a tech come out and replace a head and replaced all of them about 4 months ago and the printer doesn’t get used that much.

Jharris81

Roland, everything has been worked on by a Roland tech and replaced by Roland parts.

Jharris81

Had a tech look at it and said it’s normal build up. Just need to get in there and clean those areas. Anyone know of something to use besides the tiny cleaning swabs and the Roland cleaner for bigger metal areas that aren’t related to printing? Like a larger wipe for more general cleaning?

karst41

Had a tech look at it and said it’s normal build up. Just need to get in there and clean those areas. Anyone know of something to use besides the tiny cleaning swabs and the Roland cleaner for bigger metal areas that aren’t related to printing? Like a larger wipe for more general cleaning?

Use Foam Tip cleaning Swabs. 1/2" or 12mm there abouts. eBay See Photo
Buy 2 bags, You will need

On my HP 9000s I would use HemoStats (6") to create an extension.
The amount of sheit built up on them Caps; is built up on the face yo print heads.

I have bought from this eBay seller before.
Typically I would buy 4 bags.

Attachments

• Swabs.png
    Swabs.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 70

Joseph44708

I buy the swabs from Amazon.
Buy them in a bulk pack of 300 and clean your Roland on a regular schedule, like weekly.

emhmotorsports

I've been having really good results with the solvent that DigiPrint sells. That and a good lint-free cloth for large surfaces. Sometimes you have to let the solvent sit for 10 minutes, but it's been pulling up dried ink that's been on my machine for years.

Saturn

Aging Member
I'd give some plain old isopropyl a try before lacquer thinner—on grimy metal surfaces. Just not near the head or caps themselves.

Jharris81

I tried some isopropyl and it was ok, didn’t work on all the surfaces. I have Roland cleaner for the heads and captops and so forth. Just trying to keep the rest of it clean as well but cleaning a lot of area is pretty tedious with little swabs.

Joseph44708

I take apart my used cleaning cartridges, cut a corner off the inside bag and pour the remaining 1/2 Oz of solution into a container and use it for general cleaning around the heads and caps.