• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink bleeding on valuejet 1204

chad17

When printing I am noticing some bleed. Especially where black ink meets the white vinyl. Have also noticed it a little when printing some reds. The reds seem to have a orange line only at the top, and the black bleeds into purple around the edges meeting up to the white. Anyone have any suggestions? This is with a brand new head that I just put on.

Edit: Also want to add that when I do a nozzle check they look good except they are jagged like they aren't aligned.

Last edited:

chad17

Think I should up the preheater a bit? Or the platen? Sorry I haven't messed with the temperatures much always used the temps that the printer defaulted too.

letterman7

If your nozzle checks are jagged, they shouldn't be. The printer will print "panels" that don't align, but the lines within those panels should be straight, or as close to it as possible. You could have a couple deflecting nozzles. Temps might have some to do with it, but if this is a new thing, I'd start with cleaning the head.