• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink cartridges missing error Designjet L25500

kyler lawson

Hello everyone I just did a carriage belt replacement and now I am firing it back up and seems to work fine except its saying my ink cartridges are missing does anyone have any ideas as to why it says that? I've tried reinstalling them and I am just puzzled at this point any pointers? HP Designjet L25500

kyler lawson

pls check everything on the left side of the printer. is everything connected? there are some grey clips that hold the ink assembly in place- check those. If you only replaced the belt, that area should not have touched but check anyway. we know everything about those units. and have all parts. thx Plottermaster
So about those grey clips.... lol the part the the clip goes broke off on the top row ink tray so its currently waiting to dry to see if it will hold the pressure. Thanks!

Ioan321

Printer
Hello everyone I just did a carriage belt replacement and now I am firing it back up and seems to work fine except its saying my ink cartridges are missing does anyone have any ideas as to why it says that? I've tried reinstalling them and I am just puzzled at this point any pointers? HP Designjet L25500

Hi Sir

Did you manage to solve the issue? I am having a problem with not recognized LC cartridge (After I cleared a Recovery Bag error); I try reinserting new full cartridges with no effect. This is L25500

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hi Sir

Did you manage to solve the issue? I am having a problem with not recognized LC cartridge (After I cleared a Recovery Bag error); I try reinserting new full cartridges with no effect. This is L25500
Did you insert that new full cartridge before you cleared the error? If you did it can be marked as bad..

Ioan321

Printer
So basically, I had used cartridge in. During broken bag problem removal - I put a new cartridge. Cleared error. Then it initialises, but does not recognize LC cartridge. Put in a second new - Still not recognised. Recognizes neither of the two new cartridges, nor the used one, nor an empty one I had stocked.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Did you actually have a broken bag? Did you need to clean ink from the contactors?
Make 5000% sure they are absolutely clean and there is zero I mean zero ink in the electric connections. If there is any it can short the connections and it will not recognise the cartridge.
Remove the wires and just drown them in isopropyl alcohol. You can also try to swap the wires with another cartridge.

Ioan321

Printer
Did you actually have a broken bag? Did you need to clean ink from the contactors?
Make 5000% sure they are absolutely clean and there is zero I mean zero ink in the electric connections. If there is any it can short the connections and it will not recognise the cartridge.
Remove the wires and just drown them in isopropyl alcohol. You can also try to swap the wires with another cartridge.

No, Sir, I see no visible leakage. I just replaced the two ink cartridges I had taken out during printhead replacement - with new ones. But LC is not one of them. So this cleared the error, and I see no ink and have cleared none. only now it does not recognize the cartridge.