• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink cost on HP latex?

Jasmin

Founder
Does anyone have a way of assessing ink cost? I think I have wildly underestimated this cost, We have a HP latex 115 so the smaller 400 ml cartridges

Does anyone have a way of assessing ink cost? I think I have wildly underestimated this cost, We have a HP latex 115 so the smaller 400 ml cartridges
You can obtain job-specific ink usage information through the browser-based Embedded Web Server:

TopFliteGraphics

I use the embedded web server all the time for that to make sure I quoted a job correctly. You do have to do some cost assignments first to get your actual costs correct and you also have to make sure you update anytime there is a cost change. Plus, I usually add 10% to the materials cost to factor in waste.

GamecockGrafx

We use the 775ml cartridges with the 365 and not sure if it's 100% correct, but it's close enough. We are also very dependent on the online cost sheet (but it's shown AFTER the job is complete...hard to quote with that) So, we decided to figure ink cost based on square footage/milliliters. Gives us a little wiggle room but good way to estimate. We added up the cost of all 7 cartridges and divided by the total number of mL, so (152*7) / (775*7) = 1064/5425 = .196, so....19.6 cents per mL

With that number ($0.196) we can apply it to the quote for square footage on a bid. Example: 48" x 96" media (cost $.23 per square foot) (4*8)*.23 = $7.36 media PLUS 32*.196 = $6.27 ink TOTAL ACTUAL COST: $13.63

As I mentioned earlier, this gives a HIGHER than normal ink cost, but is a pretty good starting point IMO.