• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Drips? JFX200-2513

ErikaST

So yesterday, Tuesday February 1st, i printed pretty much a full bed of sign faces (file attached) on a sheet instead of pre-cut pieces as sort of an in-house test. Well once all the faces were printed and cut out i went through and inspected them and noticed 18 out of 27 faces had what looked like ink drips on them. Because these faces are backlit unfortunately you could see the ink drips once the faces were illuminated so we had to scrap them. Attached are some pictures i took trying to show the "drips" but it was difficult to capture them in a picture since they were in the white layer. I took a look at the underside of the carriage after inspecting and it honestly wasn't as dirty/ink covered as i expected it to be seeing the issue with the faces. There was some sort of fuzz/fiber material as well as thick ink build up in the channels surrounding the actual head assembly so i went through and cleaned that but i don't think that was what caused the "drips".

Has anyone else experienced or seen these "drips", any feedback would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• Ink Drips 2.jpg
    Ink Drips 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 327
  • Ink Drips 1.jpg
    Ink Drips 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 140
  • 1643816984622.png
    1643816984622.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 156

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be a pressure issue. I'd check the positive and negative pressure and adjust if needed. Sometimes it can be within range but fluctuate wildly which can be a sign that there's an air leak even if it's within range. Have you received any sub tank or ink flow errors recently?