• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink leaking from Mutoh heads

DTP2

Hi. Is anyone having issues with inks leaking from their Mutoh ValueJet or ExpertJet heads? Especially on recent installed machines (up to 4 months old) or on machines that had a recent damper replacement?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What does the leak look like? Drops on the media or dripping/weeping from the heads when parked or in the cleaning position? 4 months old is way too new to be leaking. Do you print a lot of banner material?
Fuzz from the banner material can get stuck under the heads and the ink will wick down the hairs and drip down onto the media, especially when the head is changing direction.
Got a photo of the leaks or problems it is causing in the prints?

When cleaning the head of my 1624 I have noticed very small droplets on the printhead surface at times, but they do not seem to cause any print issues. My printer is about 5 years old and I replaced the head, dampers, and maintenance station this year.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ink dropping out of heads is usually a damper issue but it can also be caused by anything that messes with the system's pressure such as a bulk system. The head doesn't have macuh to do with holding the ink in at the end of the day. It's the dampers' job to do that. Since you're talking about new machine though, I'm a Mutoh dealer and I haven't head any issues with new machines here in the states. Not that they are very forthcoming with defects though.