• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Lines Not Filling

signpost

I Have A Falcon Outdoor 48 That The Ink Lines Are Not Filling. I Just Changed The Maintenance Station, Reset The Home Position, Did A Powerfull Wash, And Finally Did A Head Wash And Ink Fill. I Am Still Having The Same Problem. No Ink In The Lines. When I Do A Nozzle Check, I Get A Very, Very Light Print. Any Suggestions?

randya

With no ink in the lines you are probably printing cleaning solution and whatever was left in the head and dampers.

Is there NO ink at all in the lines?
Does the pump actually cycle on?

Can you connect a syringe to the drain line (after the pump) and pull a vacuum while the pump is running?

Can you if you gently push and hold the head all the way to the right?

The pump is actually working as a suction pump to pull ink through the lines. It will NOT pull if the head is not sealed on the capping station due to misalignment or ink/dirt buildup on the seal or the bottom of the head. Or if there is a leak between the head and the dampers, the dampers and the ink lines and ink lines to stainless ink lines to the cartridges.

signpost

Randya, got it going great. Used a syringe to prime the lines. Looks like I bought a $400.00 maintenace station for nothing. Thanks again.:U Rock: