• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ink not drying?

JasonToledo

Hello All,

I have a Mutoh VJ 628, eco-solvent and using Ai 2019. I've been making window sticker with no problem at all. However, I purchased some material for making posters from ebay 11mm thick and is glossy. My prints came out nice, but the ink wont dry. I waited till the next day and still smudges.....Any suggestions?

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that that the paper is not made for eco-solvent printing. Paper probably has a coating on it. That or your laying down too much ink

Not judgeing but paper purchased on EBay?

JasonToledo

My guess is that that the paper is not made for eco-solvent printing. Paper probably has a coating on it. That or your laying down too much ink

Not judgeing but paper purchased on EBay?
Judge away. I need all the help I can get. So is it a setting or do you have a suggestion for the paper I need for making posters?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
No setting will do anything for you. You need to get paper that's coated for solvent inks. Ebay is far from the best place to do that. Most any sign supply will have what you need.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
What sign supply vendors are you using? Check with them what they carry.

For my eco-solvent we use Magic Eco Satin Poster Paper

RPM

We use miles of sihl paper. Maybe see if your vendor can sell you a 54" roll and then slit it to 24 inches for you.