• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Not Drying

Posterboy

Still finding my way with my new secondhand Roland EcoSol.

I'm testing a banner stock, and have found a profile that gives me acceptable print quality, but the ink just doesn't want to dry.

I ended up running it with the heater on 50 degrees C, and with a fan heater blowing straight onto it, but I had to let it rset for 5 minutes before it was dry. I was running A1's for the test, so it was no big deal, but if I run a 2 metre banner and load up the take up roll I think I will have problems. I'm thinking of changing the print to uni directional to slow the print speed.

I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys as to whether I should keep trying to make the stock work, or just ditch it?

Custom_Grafx

Is it made for eco sol printing?

What's your total ink limit?

5 minutes sounds like too long to dry if you mean touch dry.

Anyway, I am no banner expert... someone will most likely come in with more detailed help, but it sounds like either too much ink from the profile, or incompatible media.