• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ink overspray Roland vp540

Freebass

Hi I’m having trouble with mu cyan creating overspray around everything I print I’ve done a test 100% CMYK colours in the photo theirs a little overspray on the black that is excepts let but the blue is not here’s what I’ve tried so far any help would be appreciated

1 test print many times all nozzles firing
2 x4 in two days manual cleaning around the heads wipers and capping stations
3 x4 powerful printer cleans
4 calibrated the machine
5 adjusted the bi directional printing
6 cleaned the encoder strip
7 checked the head pipes for leaks.. none
still overspray

A5BBEF39-D158-4AAC-B194-5A76A5DCA3F1.jpeg

E4F19E18-D9F0-454F-B811-71771ABD2A44.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FA28E4E-625E-481B-BAED-9E857365D34F.jpeg
    9FA28E4E-625E-481B-BAED-9E857365D34F.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 207

Freebass

@ Proofread people
The machine was supposed to be reconditioned when I brought it a couple of years ago so I’m not sure if that was one of the parts renewed or not, I you can just run me through the steps to check the print head alignment please

@ Proofread people
The machine was supposed to be reconditioned when I brought it a couple of years ago so I’m not sure if that was one of the parts renewed or not, I you can just run me through the steps to check the print head alignment please
There should be a feature in your menu similar to an "image quality maintenance", one of the selections besides color calibration should be "Printhead Alignment". Run it. Take a look at the printhead too and see if you see any stray pieces of vinyl or ink. What machine are you running? I had that issue on the HP 370 and ended up replacing the printhead.

Freebass

It’s a Roland VP540 and I think you have to enter service mode to test Its says service mode protected when I’m trying …

Freebass

I have done the head alignment print in service mode and you see their are lines in the cyan and overspray on left hand side ???? Any ideas on what’s causing it and how to fix it ?
2EDE8300-4E5F-4CAC-B1E2-67AD46CA463A.jpeg

Attachments

• 14AFC408-22C6-4CA8-92FC-383F0F528248.jpeg
    14AFC408-22C6-4CA8-92FC-383F0F528248.jpeg
    633.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 76807895-077D-4610-A15B-62FE0BCF53BC.jpeg
    76807895-077D-4610-A15B-62FE0BCF53BC.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 0F52270D-4C5E-49CC-98E5-88FE76EE5F6A.jpeg
    0F52270D-4C5E-49CC-98E5-88FE76EE5F6A.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 44595A90-972D-420B-8040-1737F13B719A.jpeg
    44595A90-972D-420B-8040-1737F13B719A.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 271
It’s a Roland VP540 and I think you have to enter service mode to test Its says service mode protected when I’m trying …
Have you had any media jams or head strikes, it could rattle the heads or get sticky adhesive around the heads. I can see something going on in the cyan nozzles, the right side bleeds and there are white lines so something is blocking it. Try cleaning again or you might call the tech. Sorry, the Roland SP 540 was 2 machines ago, pain in the neck. We've been running on an HP 370 and 570.

Freebass

I had a media jam a couple of weeks ago after 3 deep powerful cleans and using up loads of ink no different
I don’t get that when I do a print head test it says all nozzles are firing but there’s clearly an issue

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I had a media jam a couple of weeks ago after 3 deep powerful cleans and using up loads of ink no different
I don’t get that when I do a print head test it says all nozzles are firing but there’s clearly an issue

Over spray like that is almost always an electrical/head issue. The head is capable of printing multiple sized dots. When it prints the nozzle check, it prints the biggest one possible which is also the easiest for the print head to print. Most of the time when printing however, it's going to print many different sizes which is why you can have a perfect nozzle test but the head is still having trouble printing properly during prints. If your head cables are clean and not damaged and you see no ink splatter on the terminals where the cables plug into, most likely it's just a bad head. I'm willing to bet if you print out the service report that the cyan head has fired more than 6 billion shots; it's expected life.

Freebass

@ solvent ink jet Thanks for replying what you said about the the dot sizes on test print made sense do you think an overnight head soak may help ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So you're only at about 700 million shots which is low. It doesn't rule out the head unfortunately. It may be one of those unlucky situations where it just fried early due to a manufacturing defect, electrical surge, bad ink, bad cables etc. It could be a bunch of things. Also, I don't want to question the guy you bought it from's integrity, but it's possible the head is older than the machine thinks as someone could have just put in a new head rank number to reset the counter. Either way, I don't think you'll recover that head. You can try some soaks and clean everything real well and it's worth a shot. Try air dusting the terminals where the cables plug into and change the cables if they don't look 100% perfect. The one thing the nozzle check does tell you is that you don't have deflecting nozzles so the spray isn't from clogging which only really leaves a malfunctioning head.

Freebass

So you're only at about 700 million shots which is low. It doesn't rule out the head unfortunately. It may be one of those unlucky situations where it just fried early due to a manufacturing defect, electrical surge, bad ink, bad cables etc. It could be a bunch of things. Also, I don't want to question the guy you bought it from's integrity, but it's possible the head is older than the machine thinks as someone could have just put in a new head rank number to reset the counter. Either way, I don't think you'll recover that head. You can try some soaks and clean everything real well and it's worth a shot. Try air dusting the terminals where the cables plug into and change the cables if they don't look 100% perfect. The one thing the nozzle check does tell you is that you don't have deflecting nozzles so the spray isn't from clogging which only really leaves a malfunctioning head.
Yeh it’s had 4 manual cleans and 4 deep cleans so it’s like you say it’s not from clogging only leaves the expense part

Dangreenst

Hi I’m having trouble with mu cyan creating overspray around everything I print I’ve done a test 100% CMYK colours in the photo theirs a little overspray on the black that is excepts let but the blue is not here’s what I’ve tried so far any help would be appreciated

1 test print many times all nozzles firing
2 x4 in two days manual cleaning around the heads wipers and capping stations
3 x4 powerful printer cleans
4 calibrated the machine
5 adjusted the bi directional printing
6 cleaned the encoder strip
7 checked the head pipes for leaks.. none
still overspray

View attachment 154268
View attachment 154270
If the other colors are ok, (no overspray), then the cyan channel in the printhead is bad. Change that head.