• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Problem?

GregT

I recently (4months ago) purchased a Rolanc SP300V and have been having problems with the ink not flowing properly. Service tech has been here twice now to "fix" the problem. The machine is cleaned before use every morning. We are using the MAX Inks.

Has anyone experienced this?

gtjet

Greg we have max inks but have not switched out yet as I still have a fair amount of the old ink left. You do have me worried however because we have had no problems to date and at a training seminar I went too in Denver earlier this year the roland rep said it was very important to run a test print and clean the machine as needed. He said if the test print did not look good, run 2 or 3 medium cleanings and recheck, still bad manually clean and then run another med head cleaning, he said don't run the powerful head cleaning that 2 or 3 med. would be better. Now I wonder if there is a problem with the max ink plugging. Good luck.

Barry

First off read this cleaning article to make sure they showed you how to properly clean your machine.
http://printingdigital.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202

Normally when you have problems with the ink flowing you will get a buildup of ink in your capping station. If this is the case it would either mean your pump is blown or is clogged. The pumps sit under the capping station and suck ink through the heads, if clogged it never drains the ink from the capping station.

Ive spoked with quite a few dealers about the Max Ink upgrades and Im hearing that about 40-50% of the pumps are failing during the upgrade process. While upgrading the pumps are worked over extremely hard and have a tendency to burst one of the tubes inside.

GregT

Thanks for the help so far.

The tech believes the problem is with the damper. The pump seems to be working ok. I lose one color at a time. The other colors all pump. After multiple medium cleanings we, sometimes get color. I'm just going to wait for the tech to come back.

Barry

Greg,

It could very well be a damper. The dampers have a small screen in them that can get clogged from debres in the ink.

I always keep a set of dampers instock for reasons such as this. I went and took a picture of one so you can see what Im talking about.

damper.jpg

wolf2x

The ink level in your dampers should be around the horizontal bar. If they are almost full or almost empty then something is wrong. Take a look at them and let your supplier know that as well.

GregT

Well the supplier sent out 2 repair persons yesterday for a 10 minute warranty repair. After 6 hours, I have lost not 1 color but 2 now! They are coming back tomorrow to continue repairs;) Everything with the dampers have been checked out, and Roland claims to not know why the problem exists. I'll keep everyone informed it the repairs ever happen.

Barry

GregT said:
Well the supplier sent out 2 repair persons yesterday for a 10 minute warranty repair. After 6 hours, I have lost not 1 color but 2 now! They are coming back tomorrow to continue repairs;) Everything with the dampers have been checked out, and Roland claims to not know why the problem exists. I'll keep everyone informed it the repairs ever happen.

Greg,

If you give me a call at 832-285-5225 I have a few ideas of stuff that may help. Ill be until around midnight CMT.

GregT

Thanks Barry for all your help. The problem ended up being with the head, and the "nipple" the the damper sets on. I am now back up and running. Again thanks for your help

Barry

GregT said:
Thanks Barry for all your help. The problem ended up being with the head, and the "nipple" the the damper sets on. I am now back up and running. Again thanks for your help
No problem man... So Im assuming the nipple was cracked and they replaced the head?

BTW, not many people know this, but the nipples are actually replaceable if you can find one from an old head. There are 3 screws on them that can be removed to replace the nipple. Keep your old heads when they go out so you can use them for parts. And no they do not sell just the nipples.