• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink suppliers in Canada

PDD

I am looking at changing from Mimaki full solvent SS2 ink to either the Triangle JVS or Lyson solvent line. I just bought a bulk ink system for one of my two JV3 printers so will slowly go from mimaki ink to a third party.

Can anyone share with me a good source for mimaki ink and triangle ink (and supplies) in Canada?

If I go with Lyson I will probably use Macmedia as they have treated me well so far. I found them as a result of this forum so thanks for that.

Thoughts?

Also I would love a suggestion for a reputable 3M supplier of IJ180 controltac. In Canada I have this company ND Graphics but they seem to have an attitude and the last three times I have called they have treated me poorly. I have heard the same from others. So looking for a new supplier, anyone have any recommendations as I would rather my hard earned $$ go to some supplier that appreciates it!

Thank you. Brent :Canada 2:

Mitro

I just bought my JV33 from All Graphics in Mississauga and they have 3rd party inks. I won't be using the ink for the first 2 years because of the extended warranty.
They're nice people, ask for Andrew. They will probably be at the Consac show at the international centre on the 23rd and 24th if you want to check them out there.

summit graphics

Hey PDD,
I use Bordeux ,they are a great company from Israel. No ICC profile issues, plug and print over the OEM inks. I have had them in my JV3 for 3 years.There are several distributors in the US and Canada. They have bulk ink as well.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The laws might very well be different in Canada but in the US it is illegal (Mass Manguson act) for a manuafacturer to not honor a warranty due to using third party inks unless the failure can be directly attributed and proven to be due to the third party ink.

I just bought my JV33 from All Graphics in Mississauga and they have 3rd party inks. I won't be using the ink for the first 2 years because of the extended warranty.
They're nice people, ask for Andrew. They will probably be at the Consac show at the international centre on the 23rd and 24th if you want to check them out there.

Mitro

I'm not sure about the laws, but I got an extra year of parts and labour by agreeing to use their ink for the 2 year duration.

WildWestDesigns

The laws might very well be different in Canada but in the US it is illegal (Mass Manguson act) for a manuafacturer to not honor a warranty due to using third party inks unless the failure can be directly attributed and proven to be due to the third party ink.

As long as the 3rd party parts are up to specs of the original OEM parts, if not better.

MMA is the mantra of the a/m vehicle community, especially with regard to tuners.

royster13

How much extra are OEM inks?....How many do you use in a year?....How long would the savings in ink take to pay for a brand new machine?....Sometimes you can save so much on Third Party inks that you can pay for a new machine yourself yet some folks fall into the OEM trap....You need to make a calculation to see if you are really better off...

PDD

triangle inx in Canada

Just got a message from a Triangle Ink distributor in Canada. The company stocks product in Terrebonne Quebec. They are inxintl.com and can be contacted at
514-984-3231

Normand Leduc is coming out to my shop on Wednesday as he is passing through the area so I will let you know.

I wouldn't argue about the cost of third party inks versus oem; nor will I attempt to defend the costing rationale. But I'd like to toss this grenade, if I can: your profiles will be different once you change! I've seen the data on third party ink color gamuts, and they all claim to have a larger gamut than the next guy, or a brighter ink, or some other advantage. These things all may be true, but what is also true is that they are all different than oem or each other. Once you switch from oem to 3rd party, you will have a very difficult time matching color in the job you did originally.
The c/b analysis might well be in favor of using 3rd party, and everybody can make their own decisions, but you should always factor in repeat jobs when making that decision.
Just my two cents, as it were.

ND Marketing

Dear Brent,

We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience with ND Graphics, and we would like the opportunity to rectify this matter. Could you please PM (Private Message) your contact information to us, as we would like to discuss further.

Sincerely,

Lindie Hills
Marketing

PDD

Dear Brent,

We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience with ND Graphics, and we would like the opportunity to rectify this matter. Could you please PM (Private Message) your contact information to us, as we would like to discuss further.

Sincerely,

Lindie Hills
Marketing

Lindie a PM has been sent to you, thanks for your contact.

PDD

Just to followup, as promised Norm from INX International www.inxintl.com was out to see me yesterday and we spent some time going over my two JV3 printers and discussing my ink needs as I have 2 easy fill (triangle) bulk systems I will be transitioning printers to, one printer immediately the other printer in a while.

Just for perspective I live in the Montreal-Ottawa-Kingston-Toronto corridor of Ontario. He has one dedicated service tech for Mimaki and one dedicated tech for Roland working this corridor and available at a phone call. I was very pleased with his services and overall helpfulness. They also over a printhead recovery service for those that might be interested. He claims that have decent results. No firsthand experience with that but thought some ppl here may find that helpful. Even before my credit app has been processed he was dropping off product and that was much appreciated. He was on his way to Toronto to do an OEM to Triangle ink conversion as they warranty that their ink will not damage heads and to get this warranty they need to be there to see the printer working before and after the ink change over. I am retubing one of the printers and his tubing prices were the best that I had seen so far. The triangle replacement parts and luer lock fittings etc were reasonable priced and I purchased a whole pile on the spot as these are generally quite handy to have as many of you well know. He also gave me useful, first hand technical advice for my printers as I had one apart and am the process of rebuilding it end to end.

Anyway, the experience was very positive, so I thought I would pass that on as for us sign folks in Canada we don't have as many options and alternatives as the folks in the US. Yes there is always mailorder and that works great too but sometimes its nice to have a face show up at the door especially when you are have problems and need assistance.

The above are simply my observations that I am passing along, I am in no way affiliated with the company.

PDD

link

I checked Norm's business card and the link is correct, I guess their website must be down at the moment. If you would like his other contact coordinates PM me and I am happy to send them.

PDD

ND Update

Just to let you know that the ND Graphics folks had read my post regarding my dissatisfaction with their customer service and I got a call from both the the President of ND and subsequently a senior account rep from their Ottawa office. They listened to all I had to say and were very supportive and wanting to correct my experience. I now have an ND account rep driving up to see me next Wed so that we can sit down and go over things and I can get my questions answered at last. Kudos to ND.

I was very pleased at this turn of events and they were not patronizing or giving lip service they really did listen to what I had to say. I appreciate that a lot and it was nice to see a big company like ND listen to an end user. I think it also goes to show the value of "community" sites such as these. So thanks both to ND Graphics and Signs101 for helping me out.

Once again, pls understand I have no affiliations with any of the companies mentioned in this thread, I am just a business owner and end user trying to compete and plan/manage costs in these tough economic times.

AnaF

Hey! Does anyone here have experience dealing with a reputable company in Toronto, Canada who offers bulk ink compatible with Roland printers? I realize this is a very old thread, but I have reached out to Triangle INX anyway for whatever it's worth

Last edited:

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Not sure if they offer Bulk systems, but Spicer's (formerly All Graphic Supplies) is who we buy our inks for our Roland's from.

ikarasu

Hey! Does anyone here have experience dealing with a reputable company in Toronto, Canada who offers bulk ink systems compatible with Roland printers? I realize this is a very old thread, but I have reached out to Triangle INX anyway for whatever it's worth
Necroing one thread should be enough, don't need to necro 5.... Giving us Canadians a bad name :mad: