• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink transfer and stickiness after lamination

shawns321

Hi All,

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong section.

We have printed ferarri media using a HP L28500 and laminated it using a liquid laminator machine and 'ArhivaCoat waterbased matte' and we are experience ink transfer and peeling/stickiness of material upon receipt.
The media and laminate is perfectly dried and cured when it comes out of the laminator but it is becoming sticky and transferring when the client opens it.
This is a demonstration of the issue: http://youtu.be/D3B_PKiT0Kk

attachment.php

We just learned that the ferarri material has an acrylic topcoat.
My question is whether that would cause a reaction with the laminate that would cause it to get wet and sticky after it has cured.

We have experience with lamination and haven't experienced an issue like this before with Latex inks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20141111_091538.jpg
    20141111_091538.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I'm not familiar with Ferrari media, but it definitely sounds like the liquid laminate is reacting with the media. You could contact Ferrari and see what they recommend. Probably need to find a new laminate or new media.

AF

I have some ArchivaCoat and tested it on a cured latex print and it didn't produce the same result. Are you sure the Ferrari media is not expired and that the ink is fully dried and cured? You may have found an incompatible combination if everything else checks out.

shawns321

Thanks so much for the replies.

AF thanks for trying out ArchivaCoat with latex and confirming our suspitions that it was the media.
I know that the media is not expired as it is coming from the manufactuer directly so it must be the top coat on the fabric.