• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inks mixing

chip

I'm sure this question has been answered a thousand times, but I'm having difficulty searching for it.

My SP300-V started printing everything "purple" so I did a test print. Sure enough, my yellow was red. The magenta appears to be magenta, but there may be a small amount of yellow in it for all I know.

I know yellow and red share the same line, and I did a powerful clean. What is the next step in diagnosing my issue?

Thanks!

GTSTech_1

More than likely it's a worn out Captop, and is creating a vacum (sucking magenta into yellow damper or ink line). Could also be bad damper on the yellow. Pull the yellow ink cart from machine and verify there's ink in cart, have seen the tab not work and thus creating the vacum effect.

My .02

GTSTech_1

chip

I took off the I/S Cover and noticed the yellow line going to the head was full of magenta. I did a pump-up and an ink-fill and the issue is resolved. I understand this isn't the best way to go about it (bad for the heads?). I do have a syringe, but I have no idea where I should be pulling from when a line is clogged. Thanks for the suggestions!

I think the line probably got clogged as I keep it near a window and it recently got rather cold again while I didn't use the machine for two days. I did have it in standby though and it would come on randomly to do maintenance.