• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inside your retail shop, lobby or customer area

Andy D

I really like the idea of putting the brand names you use on the wall, I'm going to incorporate that!

Thanks, I thought I might get grief over that from some here :)
I'm about to redo the area and will be taking Nike and other down to replace with
Carhartt and Dri Duck, most of my customers are contractors.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I really like this thread. It's neat to see what others are doing. Creativity abound! And if we can all get ideas from each other, even better!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Also, I don't know if others know this, but, when I moved into this shop, I told my supply rep and he was able to give me a deeper discount because I wanted to deck out my shop. So I got the canvas wrap because I wanted to try it out on the walls. It took a couple of rolls, but we planned it out pretty well. We were building out just before the pandemic. Then we started making signs for the pandemic and the one white wall we have up front is because we got busy. One day, I will finish that wall.

Interesting side note: our little mini mini cooper mascot is the talk of the customers when they come it. It's wrapped in wrap tools.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
The walls were taken off of shutterstock. We used arlon 4200 canvas and 4200 matte printed. The blue gives the illusion of lights on the wall. We built the counter and used Arlon high tack vinyl for the counter "stone" effect. The desk is wrapped with vinyl. (we bought cheap desks and wrapped them). We have 2 smart tvs mounted from the ceiling. They are always rolling with photos of finished products that we have done. When a customer comes in, we can cast to one of the tvs. We design behind the desk while customers can watch us design and give us input on their design.

Man those lines on the wall. So clean. I love it.

akuarela

The walls were taken off of shutterstock. We used arlon 4200 canvas and 4200 matte printed. The blue gives the illusion of lights on the wall. We built the counter and used Arlon high tack vinyl for the counter "stone" effect. The desk is wrapped with vinyl. (we bought cheap desks and wrapped them). We have 2 smart tvs mounted from the ceiling. They are always rolling with photos of finished products that we have done. When a customer comes in, we can cast to one of the tvs. We design behind the desk while customers can watch us design and give us input on their design.
Like the idea of casting to the tv, rather than have the client on top of your shoulder!

Precision

Here's a few photos of our place. All walls are wrapped up front of the office. TV has scrolling picture slideshow of all signs we do. Back warehouse is decorated as well.

We set it up showroom style early on, first impressions are everything. Seeing examples of what you do are key.

Attachments

• front of building 2.jpg
    front of building 2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Production area.jpg
    Production area.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 154
  • production bull pen.jpg
    production bull pen.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Sales area of our offices.jpg
    Sales area of our offices.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Sales office.jpg
    Sales office.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 157

Scotchbrite

No comment
I'm curious about the wall wraps as it's not something we do. How long do you all leave the up before changing them. I'm figuring the longer their up, the more damage they'll do coming off?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm curious about the wall wraps as it's not something we do. How long do you all leave the up before changing them. I'm figuring the longer their up, the more damage they'll do coming off?
We wrapped our hall wall that goes back to our garage area in the beginning of 2020. We removed it in the middle of 2021. It didn't pull anything off. We used the Arlon 4200 canvas and matte finish throughout the shop walls. No problems so far.