• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install Checklist

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Jester limits his employees to "two squares a day"...

I had an employee that never lost any tools and took very good care of all of them... they were his that he bought with his $.

No, one square for each visit. Here is the training video for all your employees

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Ahh, JBurton. You have a much different workflow than I am used to.

On the flip side, if you buy squeegees or tape by the case, hide the case and leave a reasonable amount out. If your employees see a case setting around, it will magically disappear in no time. You need to monitor how they are taking care of their tools and supplies, kind of like toilet paper at work.
That's exactly what we do. We were going through 4 boxes of rags a month until I locked them up and would only give a handful as needed. Now 1 box lasts over a month. They would use half a roll of tape before losing it and grabbing another. Gloves were the worst. I swear we went through more welding gloves than we did disposables. They now stay in my office and I write their names on them. Nobody wants to ask me for anything so they don't lose them. When they're worn out, I take the old ones. If they don't like it then they can buy their own.
The easiest way (which still isn't easy) to manage shop tools is to make a shadow board and specific spots for each thing. Then have the installer take a picture of them before leaving the job and include it with the install photos. Keep an extra set locked in the shop and whatever they lose, they have to eat it.