• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install for School Yard Fence

Monsterkidz

Hi Everybody,
I am working on a project for 40 prints of "famous" alumni for a local high school. The idea is they want to attach these to a chain link fence that runs along the perimeter of the school.

They are looking for something permanent.

So far I'm thinking framed out Alumalite with cast laminated prints or
.o80 aluminum with radius corners and the print mounted directly to that.

Im just wondering how to go about attaching these to the fence so they don't look too cheesey. Trying not to put mounting holes thru the faces but not sure of any other way to go about it.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!
Brian

Monsterkidz

Man that sounds like a pretty awesome idea! I'm gonna hunt around see what my local vendor has for a thin retainer. I'm thinking like a thin snap frame. Thanks Mosher!

Anyone else?

Jane Diaz

We buy a box of them for the school and they install them themselves. They drill the holes on site and there is just a bolt on the front. They aren't noticeable from the stand on a football field! They also like that they can move them or take down for the winter and reinstall in the spring.

GoodPeopleFlags

Although I can't help you with your question, might I suggest also selling them some of that "Graffitti Off" stuff? (or whatever it's called) I would hope they wouldn't have to use it but...

Monsterkidz

Haha yeah that's a great idea. I'm sure the kids will be drawing mustaches and other do-dads all over these.

Thanks everyone!