• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

install inks, orange, green, fluor yellow and magenta fluor in roland vs540 i

graficaspa47

hello good someone knows how to install orange, green and red inks in a roland vs 540 i.
I have seen a configuration with fluorine inks.
I know that Roland took out the 640 640 with those inks. but I want to know if in vs 540 i can do the same option.

Attached image to see that it is true. I know of the existence of fluorine inks for this machine

Attachments

• 20190708_180145.jpg
    20190708_180145.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 20190830_130805.jpg
    20190830_130805.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 429

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
No clue, but I don't know if I'd ever want inks in my machines from a company called "Gas N Roll"

Good Luck!

graficaspa47

No clue, but I don't know if I'd ever want inks in my machines from a company called "Gas N Roll"

Good Luck!

The brand of inks is not "Gas N Roll". obviously the company made its labels with its brand of adhesives, so as not to reveal what inks it uses. I think it uses the same inks as the new Roland RF 640. There is an ink company that is called that manufactures fluorine inks for Roland vsi.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
That’s funny. The to pictures in the bottom, that modification did the company I work for. We did it for a company in Sweden
Yes it can be done

No kidding. Epson surecolor ink to use on Roland? Want to share the conversion process? It would be really cool. People are doing that in the states on Mutoh 1638X with Onyx, cmyk orange, green, flurcent yellow and flourcent magenta. Just not sure how to profile it correctly.

graficaspa47

No kidding. Epson surecolor ink to use on Roland? Want to share the conversion process? It would be really cool. People are doing that in the states on Mutoh 1638X with Onyx, cmyk orange, green, flurcent yellow and flourcent magenta. Just not sure how to profile it correctly.

I saw this photos in a post here on the forum that a person in Switzerland did the conversion with epson and onyx inks but did not explain the process or which company did it. and this very interested in doing it, the orange that prints my roland is very bad

https://signs101.com/threads/about-epson-s80600-metallic-print.151436/

I try to talk to the company that did the conversion but they don't answer me. and since I don't know English, I can't call him directly

Technician

Drive it hard
How can I help you with this?
Do you need knowledge of everything or only the modification of the printer?
Maybe I can point you in the right direction

graficaspa47

How can I help you with this?
Do you need knowledge of everything or only the modification of the printer?
Maybe I can point you in the right direction

I would like to know how to do it. Here in Spain nobody has the courage to make those changes, now when they have all been done they want to know. So it goes.
I would like to know how to do it.
or if you do what it would cost. Rip inks and conversion. Thank you

Technician

Drive it hard
I would like to know how to do it. Here in Spain nobody has the courage to make those changes, now when they have all been done they want to know. So it goes.
I would like to know how to do it.
or if you do what it would cost. Rip inks and conversion. Thank you
It’s always some risk when you do modifications, worse case your print head brakes. It depends in the conditions it was from the beginning. But normally everything goes well..
The good thing is that the modification is not permanent and can be reversed to original if wanted.
The modification is quite simple and straightforward. We both Epson ink cartridges holder as a spare part. Then you connect out of ink sensor from the Epson cartridges holder and connect it in the Roland so it indicates when ink cartridges get empty. I don’t remember if it was necessary to flush ink line and head, but I think will not hurt for safety. Then you need to cut ink lines and connect to the Epson. Put dummy cartridges in the Roland so it think it’s have cartridges in there and to protect the needles if you want to reverse modification. You will need to have some ink line and luer fitting the ink line. Then you need to do a fill with the new ink and get a good nozzle test.
Then you need a Rip so you can control the ink channel and make profiles for your ink setup. We used onyx of natural reason. I will recommend you to buy your rip from a local dealer so you can get support and help in Spanish. If you can’t make your profiles by your self, maybe your local dealer can help you with that.
If you know any local company making modification to bulk system on Roland printer you maybe can get some assistance there if needed..
This is a ruff guide how we did it. It’s little hard to explain in words only and we don’t have any pictures of the modification it’s all in the head.
I think it will be quite expensive if we come and do it for you.

graficaspa47

It’s always some risk when you do modifications, worse case your print head brakes. It depends in the conditions it was from the beginning. But normally everything goes well..
The good thing is that the modification is not permanent and can be reversed to original if wanted.
The modification is quite simple and straightforward. We both Epson ink cartridges holder as a spare part. Then you connect out of ink sensor from the Epson cartridges holder and connect it in the Roland so it indicates when ink cartridges get empty. I don’t remember if it was necessary to flush ink line and head, but I think will not hurt for safety. Then you need to cut ink lines and connect to the Epson. Put dummy cartridges in the Roland so it think it’s have cartridges in there and to protect the needles if you want to reverse modification. You will need to have some ink line and luer fitting the ink line. Then you need to do a fill with the new ink and get a good nozzle test.
Then you need a Rip so you can control the ink channel and make profiles for your ink setup. We used onyx of natural reason. I will recommend you to buy your rip from a local dealer so you can get support and help in Spanish. If you can’t make your profiles by your self, maybe your local dealer can help you with that.
If you know any local company making modification to bulk system on Roland printer you maybe can get some assistance there if needed..
This is a ruff guide how we did it. It’s little hard to explain in words only and we don’t have any pictures of the modification it’s all in the head.
I think it will be quite expensive if we come and do it for you.

Tell me what is the cost of doing the conversion. Here in Spain nobody wants to do these things, they just want to do the simple thing and they don't want to complicate life with these things.
I don't know what rip can cost.

My question cannot be asked just by changing the rip and putting the inks of the Roland RF 640, I think it would be easier to do this, right? and use the ergosoft