• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install tool question

airborneassault

I have an express van I'm working on wrapping and it brought up the question of which of the high dollar 3M roller tools would be appropriate for the job.

Right now I'm using the super high tech gloved hand method on any small recesses such as where the windows would be or the larger recess around the fender wells.

Can anyone recommend the vcat, the large or the small roller? The vcat looks like it would be helpful but it also appears very spongy, is anyone able to apply adequate pressure to that guy?

Thanks in advance!

HulkSmash

We've wrapped hundreds of express vans and ecnolines. That vehicle doesn't require anything a vcat would be used for. We do not bridge and stretch at all. the only part we very slightly stretch is around the wheels. I'm doing one today and ill see if i can take video.

parkedcar

I've always used the large roller on the "window" channels with out any problems. The wheel wells however, need to be fed in.

AceSignsOnline

We've wrapped hundreds of express vans and ecnolines. That vehicle doesn't require anything a vcat would be used for. We do not bridge and stretch at all. the only part we very slightly stretch is around the wheels. I'm doing one today and ill see if i can take video.

Man, this would be really helpful to a lot of people, myself included, if you could manage to share! Thank you very much in advance.

Kwiksigns

wookie
he is right... that is how it is supposed to be done. The people who taught me stretched and heated in... I learned when I saw that same truck a week later. This is how I have done every vehicle since. Wow... that was 10 years ago...