• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installer from Tennesse, now cuttin vinyl

joelswork

Hello Everyone!

First, this site is awesome. Filled with a ton of info that I have been looking at for a few weeks now, so much good information. I wish I would have found this a couple of years ago as all I have learned has been the old fashioned way....think it through...try it...remove what was messed up..try it again...and again and again!

For the past couple of years I have converted my carpentry skills into installing various artwork, graphic panels, small banners and store front vinyl. I am an independent contractor who's main client's, clients are in a holding pattern (Citibank and Citi Financial). I travel across the country for remodels and new location work, but would like to get some more stuff going locally (Nashville area) even regionally would be great...I just don't know how the typical sign shops handle installation (any advice would rock!:rock-n-roll:)!

I have been asked by one of the sign shops in Nashville to do on site bus wraps but I don't even know where to start with that. Labor only pricing, on tour buses with no experience. Anyone willing to train a guy on wrapping?:Cool 2: Seems it is just getting a few under your belt and actually caring about top notch quality.

Anyways, I have been given a plotter and have some good artistic talents. I would like to get that part of my business going but I am facing a steep learning curve when it comes to getting the hand drawing and turning it into something I can print (just never done it on a computer, it will take some learning but that's fine with me). Any advice would be helpful, but I have seen a ton of it already(again, just need to apply the info). Budget is tight so I am seeing what I can do with Inkscape, maybe buying Corel Draw in a few days.

Thanks again to all who have posted and filled my head with more knowledge!

Joel

PS, my work can be seen at my little homemade website... professionalinstallationservices.com ... I know, I know, it is a mouthfull...try typing it:smile:

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

Best advice I can give is get a job with that sign company and train under their nickle.
There are wrap classes also. Maybe you can get them to pay for it?

ZacCarter

We might be able to help you with the bus wrap installation. We have a huge building that is large enough to install them. If you don't have a place to do it.

Have you had any experience with wrap installs? It's always good to know of a second hand we could hire on a contract basis.

Anyways, if you are in East Nashville area, feel free to come by our shop.

http://www.cdmsigns.com

We are located at 401 E. Trinity Lane

joelswork

Looks likeI am stopping in at CDM Signs next week!

I'm actually from the metropolis of Lafayette, Tn.

Finishing up a long week in texas for Kaplan University/Texas Careers... Mcallen and now in San Antonio for an extra day. Someone ordered the wrong width on the vinyl here and I am eagerly awaitng it on fedex early morning tomorrow. 2 pieces wrong, but thats ok..partial day rate charge then the drive home! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Joel Golden