• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing a 15ft Banner

spoolins

Kings Signs
Some lady wants me to install a 3x15ft banner across her driveway.I'll be using 2 12ft u channels to mount the banner too.Since this is the first banner ive done with nothing behind it,Im using the 13 oz banner and putting my uchannel 2 ft deep so it gives the lady like 7ft 3 inches clearance.Does anyone have any tips or tricks for helping the banner last longer outside?I already told her i cant be responsible if it doesnt last to long .
thanks,Gary

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Run a rope or cable tight between the 2 posts on top and hang the banner off the rope like a shower curtain (grommets 18" to 24" apart -w- heavy zip ties).
Reinforce the banner corners and use bungee cords in the 4 corners to the posts to keep the banner tight horizontally but still allow some give when the wind blows.
13oz is a little light for a banner between posts but if it is quality material hung right it should be OK.

wayne k
guam usa

visual800

The biggest issue with doin this is, the banner is gonna droop to aleviate thisstand another peice of metal at a 45 degree angle against the upright post on the inside of both and tap screw them in, gives a little extra support

Pat Whatley

What Wayne said....DO NOT TIE THE BANNER UP BY THE CORNERS. Tie your rope between the posts, tie the banner to the rope. Attach the bottom with bungees.

2B

Run a rope or cable tight between the 2 posts on top and hang the banner off the rope like a shower curtain (grommets 18" to 24" apart -w- heavy zip ties).
Reinforce the banner corners and use bungee cords in the 4 corners to the posts to keep the banner tight horizontally but still allow some give when the wind blows.
13oz is a little light for a banner between posts but if it is quality material hung right it should be OK.

wayne k
guam usa

+1

that width will sag if only by the corners

TXFB.INS

blah blah permits, codes, blah blah this one lady years ago, blah blah $53,000 job blah $625 in materials

:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thanks a needed a morning laugh.

I have never heard of someone charging so much for ordinary daily products (ie banners) :noway:

I vote "no" to wind slits. They look terrible and weaken the banner, IMO. Nothing kills the looks of banner more than eleventy-billion half-moon holes. Installation with bungees on corners and wire/rope between the posts allows the banner to move, negating whatever benefit slits provide (if any).

spoolins

Kings Signs
Thanks everyone for your input,im going to go with the rope between the poles with heavy duty zip ties on top with bungee's on all 4 corners.I just not sure if i should try to pound the u-channel in with a 2x4 piece on top with a sledge or if i should predig the holes and shove the post in?You can tell everyone on here has a ton of experience on this :thumb:
thanks,Gary

spoolins

Kings Signs
Thanks everyone the banner came out great i used to pieces of steel and bent them at a 45 to raise it up a little to take some of the sag out of the middle but besides that she liked it
thank%20you.gif