• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing perforated vinyl

JoySigns

I have to install some perf. vinyl onto some simple flat windows (3' x 4'). This will be a first for me of working with the stuff. Any special tricks or tips on this material?
Thanks.

2B

it is easier than regular,

couple of points
* don't pull hard if non-laminated will tear,
* use a felt or felt edge squeegee, hard edge seems to mess the print up more than regular vinyl
* seal the edges, they will curl if exposed a lot quicker than regular.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Im not sure if that would work to be honest I have never worked with it. I read a little about it and it does not sound like something to use for edge sealing.

2B

Since it is laminated, easiest is to cut the window perf down about 1/4" from the needed size before lamination and use the extra lamination as your sealer

JoySigns

I don't have any of the laminate. This was outsourced for printing and came laminated. Looks like I may be just leaving it unsealed. I can get the 3-M Edge seal if really needed though.