• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing STK Font file from old Flexi

Chriswagner92

Hey All,

So we've updated to flexi 19 from 8.5 a few years ago, but when we switched I lost some of my fonts, specifically the monoline engraving fonts that I would make notes on my patterns with. The fonts from 8.5 that I want to install are STK files, and I can't seem to just install them like a normal OTF or TTF. Is there any way for me to install these STK font files to be used on Flexi 19?

jwlllpl

I had this happen a few years back. Not sure if it helps but I copied my missing fonts into C:\Program Files\SAi\SAi Production Suite\FSFonts and they are still working today.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
There is a folder named FSFonts under the installation directory of Flexi. Paste the files in there and Flexi should see them and asked you to update the font database. If it doesn't just restart Flexi and it should see them. I believe that the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite 19\FSFonts

Chriswagner92

I had this happen a few years back. Not sure if it helps but I copied my missing fonts into C:\Program Files\SAi\SAi Production Suite\FSFonts and they are still working today.

There is a folder named FSFonts under the installation directory of Flexi. Paste the files in there and Flexi should see them and asked you to update the font database. If it doesn't just restart Flexi and it should see them. I believe that the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite 19\FSFonts

That's what I thought, however I can't seem to find the FSFonts folder anywhere. I see only CASFonts and URWFonts, no hidden folders, and the search function isn't returning any results.

Chriswagner92

That should try to make FSFonts folder and copy your STK font filesto there to see how Flexi 19 works.

Good idea. I just tried doing that this morning, and while I can create a folder, windows is giving me an error that the drive is "disconnected" even though it's not.

WildWestDesigns

I'm going to admit that I don't know what a UAC is here.

Found the slider, and it was already set to the lowest setting, but it is still showing as "on"

That is apart of MS' Security Protocol.

People used to complain about it during the Vista days because it was so "over bearing" (it was nowhere near enough so, people just weren't used to it, especially considering the 9x series had nothing in the way of account permissions).

I cannot imagine that a current program still requires that the UAC be put at bare minimum. Overall just no bueno, but it is what it is.