• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Wrap (Arlon SLX+) Contour Cut Decals

Jyro Signs LLC

So I am making gas pump logo decals and my customer wanted a long-lasting decal that can be removed if need be...... Talked to my vendor and they suggested Arlon SLX+ with an overlaminate. Any suggestions on installing this onto the plastic covers???
I assumed I would apply masking so the decal installs as one install...
Should I use a heat gun after the decal is applied and then re-squeegee to help activate the adhesive more and then remove the masking right after or wait a few minutes for it to cool down before removing it?? Any pointers for this??? I usually just use non-wrap material for my contour decals(short term) but not a wrap so I wanted some input. :) Here are the files(
Gas Station Pump Decals, Proof.jpg

2B

Is the surface a low or high-energy plastic surface?
we use and PREFER the SLX for our printed material
* prep surface
* align / install
* heavy pressure on top of transfer tape
* remove the transfer tape,
* post heat, ensure edges are fully set

Since this is a FUEL CITY........... probably best to use an ELECTRIC heat gun

great tacos BTW

Jyro Signs LLC

Hi, Thanks for the input! It is a high energy but just wanted to go overkill to make sure there was no problems..... really was wandering about the heat to the decal but I will do it after the decal is installed and the masking is peeled off. :) oh yeah im a garden tool for the tacos too lol
Is the surface a low or high-energy plastic surface?
we use and PREFER the SLX for our printed material
* prep surface
* align / install
* heavy pressure on top of transfer tape
* remove the transfer tape,
* post heat, ensure edges are fully set

Since this is a FUEL CITY........... probably best to use an ELECTRIC heat gun

great tacos BTW

Attachments

• 1668467102442.png
    1668467102442.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 93