• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

insurance practices

wildside

Has anyone else seen anything like this before?

We have been in business for 15 years, doing vehicle graphics and wraps for all of those 15 years. We have been with this particular insurance company for 2 years and all a sudden they decide they cannot insure us because we do vehicle wraps... WTF!

Attachments

• nonrenewal.JPG
    nonrenewal.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 323

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yup all the time, did your agent say because an actual owner is doing the labor or just hat because you actually do installs?

We switched to Travelers, they are a bit more than everywhere else but they have been the best to us over the last 10 years of business.

wildside

he said it is because of the company doing wraps. My agent is independent and helps us find the best company to go through from time to time when needed, but this is the first time to get dumped, we usually do the dumping lol. He also told me this same company is dropping a towing service because they do 24 hour towing, towing between 8-5 is fine, but overnight is a no no apparently

Andy D

Not really the same thing, just an example of weird insurance policies; last year we had minor water damage in our living room to one of our walls.
My wife filed a small claim of around $1000, and I planned to do the repairs myself, I had fixed the cause of the water damage, but not the actual wall
because I was already in the middle of another project.
Someone from the insurance company called requesting proof that the drywall had been replaced & she told them I hadn't gotten around to it yet...
Next thing I know, they drop our coverage until I can prove the drywall has been replaced... Does that make any sense? WTF do they care what I spent the money
on? A fixed wall is more liability for them, right?

unclebun

Given what they said about the towing company, I bet it has to do with storing somebody else's vehicle inside your property and they don't want to cover the theft or damage to the vehicles.

Reveal1

Garage keeper's insurance is common, we carry $75,000 as we typically don't keep more expensive vehicles overnight and never more than one.

Regarding dropping the coverage for owner doing wraps - makes no sense at all unless this is a workman's comp policy and they had you rated as office duties and feel you lied to them. Workman's comp fraud a big cost here in MO..

Rob G Momentum

I was non-renewed as well because we use a boom that goes over 10 ft. I tried to reason with them letting them know we only use a boom to go up to 9 feet and pass on any projects above that but they didn't buy it. They also asked if we do "stickers" on vehicles. I said I would rather not but on occasion we do but those are two things they are not covering any longer.