• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior Sign Install Question...

Monsterkidz

Hi Guys,
Been on the site for a little while and am in need of some help! I need to install a 6mil 45"Hx72"W framed Alumalite panel in a conference room next Wednesday. Client wants it to be raised every so slightly from the wall and have no visible fasteners since the sign is going to be hung at eye level.

I searched the site and read old posts about panelclips and french cleats, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how I could attach the cleat to the back of the sheet of Alumalite without going through the face.

My initial thoughts is use some sort of adhesive and screw the clips on through the back and use screws that are no long enough to pierce the face.

Another thought was to use those standoffs that we use for a lot of our interior acyrlic signs. The client would see the hardware but it would look finished and would be raised off the wall.

Thanks for any input!

gnatt66

if it was 3/8" or 1/2" alumalite couldnt you drill through the back face of the panel and pop rivet the french cleat to it? might even work with 1/4 if the reach of the rivet was just right.

i know that's what i would do....

signage

I have one question for you, How do you bid and make a sign for a job that you have no idea how to install?

Monsterkidz

Thanks fellas! Figured I was on the right track, just wanted to confirm with you guys.

Signage, did not bid this job out. Repeat Client came to me wanting something to look more professional than a poster tacked to a conference room wall. Charged so much for this job since it is a rush I could make the sign 5 times over and still come out with profit.

Never had a a doubt in my mind that I couldn't install the sign, just wanted to confirm that my approach was correct.