• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Introduction and a few questions

LenSilva

Hi folks,

I am a complete newby to sign cutting and plotters. I have been engraving glass for many years using photo resist (which is very expensive).

I have recently acquired a Vinyl Express Q60 but no software and no dongle. My only interest is importing graphics from Illustrator and cutting them to use as masks.

I have been playing around with free trials and demos with little success. With VinylMaster I was able to send a test file and cut it successfully but the lowest cost Basic will not import .ai files.

SignBlazer and WinPCSIGN look like they will work at a reasonable cost but I can't get them to talk to the plotter. I'm having problems understanding how to download and install drivers, if needed in Windows 8.

I am not a complete computer illiterate, but I am in my seventies and it doesn't come as easy as it once did.

Dennis422

I'm not sure, but there is a chance that Cutting Master 3 from Graphtec will work.
Q cutters are made by Graphtec for Sign Warehouse, but I'm not sure if that Illustrator Plug-in will work with them.

It is worth a shot.

LenSilva

Thanks

I have Illustrator CS3 and that won't work (I tried). I am currently trying to get SignBlazer Elements to work. It doesn't list my plotter (Vinyl Express Q60), and I have had no luck trying other plotters.