• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

invalid right position leads to more problems

pabacker66

All of a sudden, my xc540 keeps giving me the "pinchroller error, invalid right position". My service rep thinks that it is the cable that runs to the tool carriage. So we replaced it and it did not fix the problem.(and yes, we double checked that everything was connected back to the circuit boards correctly). So then we turned our attention to the media sensor itself and when I took off the cutting portion of the tool carriage, I found that there wasn't one there. I found it laying beside the overspray sponge not connected to anything!!! No idea how that happened. So I reconnected it and put the machine back together only to get a "service call 103" error code. So then I tried to do the limit position initialize, but when I try to do that, after the tool carriage separates from the head carriage and moves about 2 inches, I get "service call 102". I have no idea what I have done but my tech can't be here until next week and my boss is about to freak out. Any help?

pabacker66

I already have a service manual. All it has (that I can find) concerning the "service call 102" is that it is concerning the head lock sensor, but nothing on how to fix it.