• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Invest In Expensive Caldera Rip Or Go With Bundled Colorgate For Hp Latex?

kazziu

Hello Signs members!
I have always worked on cheap Sai rip's with my previous solvent machines, but now i'm considering buying an HP 360 Latex printer, and i'm wondering if it's a good idea to invest extra 1500$ on a Caldera RIP, does the Rip provide extra functionality over the cheaper Rips? I'm printing mainly wraps, canvas, vinyls... What are Your thoughts?
Thanks.
Kazek.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
No experience with cheap RIPs but good RIPs like Caldera or Onyx can do quite a lot. They can process images quite quick. Also have powerful colour management systems.
Im an onyx guy, so i'll get onyx. But what ever suits you. Onyx you can do a fully working 30 day trial. onyxgfx.com is their website if you want to try it out. Download it straight from there.

Not sure about caldera if you can trial it.

dypinc

There both good high end RIPS. ColorGate is actually a great RIP if you don't mind dealing with Windows and if it comes bundled at no extra cost I would give it a try. The big advantage with Caldera is you don't have to deal with Windows. If I ever put money into a new RIP again I am going Caldera, especially after yesterdays Windows BS.