• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Invisibility in time and space

Bigdawg

Just Me
Wayyyyy cool...

In a paper published in the Journal of Optics, McCall said metamaterials made it theoretically possible to manipulate light rays as they enter a material so that some parts speed up and others slow down. This could create "blind spots" in time, masking an event. While the accelerated light arrives at a space before an event has happened, the rest of the light doesn't reach it until after the event.

Beam me up Scotty!!!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Hmpfff...that's ancient history. I think Bill Clinton already proved that "event cloaking" was possible with Monica's dress.

Marlene

it is cool. I saw this on the Science Channel a little while back and thought it would be interesting to see if they could really do this. the reason we see things is because of the way light bends and hits objects so it seems possible to figure out how to control that.